Monday, March 12, 2012

Windy is the Word

At about 5am in Reno, the winds start to blow. I can hear the sound of the winds. It is very gusty and strong. I was up at 3am and hop back to bed after a couple of hours. It is a little hard to get back to sleep with the noise the wind makes. It also start to feel cold. I don't think the temp of the room dropped. But man! it feels cold!

The winds keep on blowing until now. It is 11am now. This mean the winds have been blowing for 6 hours. I do not know about you. I sure do not feel like going outside. This is exteme weather. Yikes!

There are a lot of nice things to do in Reno as my friend and host pointed out to me yesterday. You can do camping, skiing, water sports...all within half an hour drive. Reno is a small town. The buildings are old and have a good warm feel about them. Even after you renovate an old building and spruce it up, I like the way he puts it "If it is an old dog, after showering and cleaning up, it is still an old dog." The old dog atmosphere is so much warmer than the cold shiny clean skyscraper of tempered glass and stainless steel of Chicago or New York.

I had a tour of the campground and Lake Tahoe, the place is beautiful. It is not lush and green like Singapore - it is winter now for heaven's sake. I like the rugged beauty. Weather is a little extreme with this strong gusty winds. I guess my impression has change from the first time I was here. No sure if I can live here forever but hey, it is quite a livable city. But...I am still in love with San Diego. Maybe B1 might go to the University there and I can visit...

No comments: