Monday, March 26, 2012

Midnight Shoppers

Little India is quite busy in the middle of the night. Many Indian coffeeshops are opened. I had mutton soup and plain thosai. Plain thosai cost $1.80 which gave me a shock as it cost only $1 in Ang Mo Kio.

After my meal, I go shopping at Mustapha. Mustapha has practically everything under the sun and many products from India and Middle East. So it is interesting just exploring the breadth of products.

I noticed the shoppers are mainly foreigners. Groups of three girls seems to be the order of the day. First group I crossed path is Japanese. They all wear heavy make-up. Then I met a couple who speaks in a language I cannot recognised. At the rice section, I met three young Thai women dressed sexily with a Singapore man helping them to look for things. They looked like ladies of the night. Then I saw a fairly big size transvestite. It is interesting to see a person who looked like a woman and yet has unmistakable features of man. At the checkout counter, there is a fatter transvestite. I wonder how could these two have any business. They are over-weight, old and horrible-looking with heavy make-up.

I guess the best way to meet and observed the professionals of the night trade should go the Mustapha at 3 to 4am.

No comments: