Sunday, March 11, 2012

Lake Tahoe

What a beautiful lake. The water is deep blue and clear. The pine trees at the side of mountains. The snow...it is like a postcard. Lake Tahoe is about half ride from where I am staying. It is a gorgeous looking place. Stark beauty as the landscape is quite stony and full of exposed rocks which nothing grows on.

We had lunch at a resturant in the lakeshore. I had deep fried zuchinni and pork ribs. Both at appetitizer portion. My host has sundried tomatoes skewered with an olive and a small ball of buffalo cheese. I am actually guessing that it is buffalo cheese as I did not know what it actually is.

It is quite windy and the place is filled with people. I must say that it is quite nice to visit. So maybe Reno is not such a bad place to live. There are ski resorts and campsites. In summer, you can do wakeboarding, water-skiing and kayaking.

There is something for me to try! Gliding. We can ride on the glider. It will be fun. It cost about $250 American for half an hour to go up and glide down. If I like it, I may take up gliding lessons in future.

We are going to have barbeque ribs for dinner. The ribs are smoked now as I write this blog. I can't wait to taste the food. I will gain weight this trip. Sigh...

No comments: