Friday, June 19, 2020

Grasshoppers!

I have been growing plants and vegetables for a long time now.  I always get lots of snails and will catch them at night especially after rain.  Snails are big eaters and destroys my orchids and other plants.  Recently, I managed to grow rice and discover some grasshoppers.  Since then, there are lots of holes on my brinjal plant.  I thought it might be caterpillars but could not find any.

Yesterday, as I was getting rid of tiny white flies in the sweet potato leaves, something jumps out.  On closer look I saw a tiny grasshopper in the leaf.  Then I saw another grasshopper on the brinjal leaves.  So I found the answer to all the holes in the leaves.  It was the grasshoppers.

I killed 2 or 3 by squashing them.  This morning, more grasshoppers.  It is going to be a challenge to keep my plants from eaten up.

2 comments:

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

These pests are a nuisance and it is the same here in my garden!

BookLover said...

The joys and pain of gardening.