Saturday, April 16, 2016

Seems Like Sunday

I keep thinking it is Sunday today as I will be flying off to work tomorrow.  I dislike flying on weekends.  It confuses my sense of timing.  The morning start as regular routine with B3 going for his CCA. 

Mummy is with me, so no tea in the hawker center.  She needs airconditioning.  So I decided to go to Ah Kun in Seletar Mall as there are seats usually.  This morning, it is so crowded.  So we have to try our luck with Toastbox.  Luckily, we managed to secure a table.  So we have the chuan tong or traditional breakfast - milk tea with butter toast plus two soft boiled eggs.  I prefers Ah Kun kaya toast over Toastbox.  I like the Kowyin style i.e. thick brown bread toasted and split in the middle before spreading kaya and butter.

For lunch, we go to Waterway Point.  It is so crowded even at 2pm.  Most of the resturants have long queues.  So we ate at the food court.  The ayam penyet is pretty good.  Now it is the end of day and I have to pack up for my trip tomorrow morning.

2 comments:

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

Tiny Singapore is crammed with 5.4 mil inhabitants. I supposed Singapore voters approval
of having lots of foreigners among our midst by giving PAP a resounding victory in last year's election. Majulah my beloved crowded Singapore!

BookLover said...

You are so right! The TV programs on every living room is showing what a wonderful job LKY and PAP did contribute to the success.