Saturday, May 02, 2015

Fukoka

I just browse through my friend and fellow blogger's blog on his trip to Fukoka and then to Yufuin at BT's Food Blog.  This bring back memories of my holiday trip to Fukoka.  It is a nice city and it is also the first time I enjoyed eating sushi although I ate only two pieces.  The price is so reasonable and the seafood so fresh.  The Tokyu Hands bring back memories of my interest in Live Steam Locomotives.  So I bought one recently and it is on display in my home office. 

Fukoka is a small city with reasonable cost of living.  The wonderful thing about a big country is the possibility of changing your cost of living by going to a different city with no change in currency, culture or language.  In Singapore, cost of living in Queenstown is no different from say Toa Payoh.  Only different is property price.

2 comments:

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

BL, you hit the nail on the head about the vast differences in property prices
in S'pore.
Yes Fukuoka is a lovely city. I went there to buy spare parts for my vehicle ( S'pore agent do not have them) which would have cost me $1,000 if imported by my workshop people. I got the parts for a third of the price S'pore quoted me.

BookLover said...

BT, good for you! Singapore is too expensive to live in. Even Japan has many reasonable cost of living cities to live in. Save more than $600. Enough for hotel and meals for two days in Japan!