Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Food Republic B1 Shaw Center

My guest from Korea was staying in Royal Plaza at the Scotts.  He is hungry for lunch.  He like the Toa Payoh Lorong 7 teochew mee pok.  Then he request for coffee local style not too sweet.  I checked with the girls in the dessert stall and asked if I can buy the drink from Toastbox and bring it over.  They said no problem.  I went to Toastbox but ordered takeaway and chat with the counter girl.  I told her I forgot that Food Republic and Toastbox belong to the same boss. She said the drinks is not allowed to over Food Republic as the cups will be lost forever.  So I realised it is the same as hawker center.  My Malay teh halia stall owner told me before if his cups go over to the Chinese side, they will break his glasses.  This is the ruthless world of competition in the world of hawker centers and food court.  Even thought Food Republic is also own Toastbox, the drink stall must be a tenant and hence feels that the drink should come from Toastbox.  Seems like it is bad blood.

No comments: