Friday, May 22, 2015

Fat Duck

I was walking toward Far East Plaza for Japanese bbq set lunch but was not feeling hungry.  So I thought I will divert to the Maison Kayser bread shop/cafe for coffee and crossiant.  As I was going down the escalator, I saw Fat Duck Cantonese Resturant!  Fat Duck is world's top 50 resturants according to the Internet.  It looked new with all the bouquets there.  I checked with the waitress manning the reservation and she informed me that it is their 2nd day.  I am no. 4 on the queue, so decides to wait since I am not that hungry anyway.

Fat Duck is like the traditional hawker food in Hong Kong.  I had braised beef noodle and the soup is excellent with strong prawn taste.  I also tried their crispy pork belly and it is not as good as Imperial Treasure or Hua Ting.  The crispy bun with duck is very good, a tad too sweet.  Siew mai is so so and their steamed rice flour roll on youtiao is quite unique as it contains prawns.  I like Imperial Treasure's za leung.

Maybe it is an expecation, since I know Fat Duck is a renowned resturant.  I prefers the food in Hua Ting.

No comments: