Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Wonder of Beauty

This short article by Richard Lim is write so well.  The introduction is a regular day on a routine of going down to basement car park after dental appointment he saw a beautiful woman.  After that he quoted different authors and their prose on beauty.  It is amazing read.  It shows he read widely and remember what he reads to be able to research and pull out all the right quotations.  I am not familiar with all the authors he mentioned.  I guess I read different genre.  I wonder how he can read so widely.  I always enjoys reading. But I am not a good writer.  I do not research or quote as I write.  It is what is called popular writing.  I need to become an essayist and research and write on a topic. 

Anyway, this is my public diary and it is getting me disciplined to write every day.  I am used to writing now.  I just need to improve everyday and get better everyday.

No comments: