Thursday, September 05, 2013

Reading a Book is different from Listening

I borrowed the book version Not a penny more, Not a penny less by Jeffrey Archer even though I have listened to the whole book.  I found that reading the print version is different.  There are certain part I noticed and realised I did not hear it on the audio version.  I am sure it is verbatim.  My attention span is distracted differently using sight vs using hearing.  Alot of time I am listening while exercising.  So my attention span do wanders.  I find I am more detailed with the print version.  Also it is easy to re-read whereas trying to go back to specific sections in audio tracks is quite challenging.  Flipping pages to find interesting snippets is much easier with print as I can scan very quickly and location the section and read slowly.

Now I find reading thrillers an enjoyable pastime.

No comments: