Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Meeting Ex-classmate

Jetlag can screw up bodily functions. I cannot sleep well in the room because of the light and timing. I am feeling light headed, it is like dizziness and headache and yet not. Good thing this feeling has pass.

I also did not write down my gratitudes in the last two days. I am thankful for meeting new friends and colleagues today. I am thankful to be in US and have a lot of opportunities to explore moving forward. I am thankful to have to opportunity to visit mum.

I hope I can adjust to the new clock here quickly. It is going to be busy time and I have lots to learn. I am a happy in a learning mode.

I almost forgot! On the flight to LA, I met an ex-classmate in our night class in GDMM. She was sitting actually beside me before I move to the window seat directly in front of her. I did not recognised her at first...it is rude to look at a woman for too long. While waiting for the washroom, I noticed her and told her she looked familiar. I told her I think she was my classmate in marketing class 10 years ago. She looked at me and call K. I was not sure if she was calling my name and continue to try to figure out who she is. Then she you are K and I told her shamefully, I have forgotten her name and she told me it is Karen. Ahha! She is really my classmate and she was in the same study group. Then she says it is not 10 years ago...I told her I know but I do not want to let other passengers know how old she is. It is almost 30 years ago! It is also a coincident that I met Karen again. I have never met any other classmates again. Karen, I met once some 10 years or more ago in a supermarket where she was selling soap in Unilever. She is now working for Kraft and on her way to Miami for Sales meeting. She is returning home on Friday.

Karen is a very sweet girl and she is still single. I have no idea why. Maybe no Mr. Right that meets her standards or maybe she is not that into men. The other problem is she is a senior executive, so it will be difficult for her to attract men who work with her. Successful women does have this challenge. She enjoys reading fiction and need a reading glass. She does not paint her nails and is very simple in her ways. We says goodbye but I did not get her contact as I know I am not good at networking.

No comments: