Monday, October 10, 2011

Canton-i

This morning, I wanted to go on diet for the week to reduce my weight. My weight has been creeping up even on I am perpetually on a "diet". My waistline has increased steadily over the years. But by lunch time, my resolution in the morning has weakened and I decided to try out Canton-i in ION. I like the Canton-i in KL. It is a resturant highly recommended by colleagues and we do eat there regularly.

Since I am on "diet", I ordered light. Char siew and roast pork combination at $20.80 and fried carrot cake ($9.60) and two steam bun with custard. The meal for two cost about $50. It is quite dear considering I ordered on three items and one hot water which cost $1. The food tastes quite good. However, the service is poor. We have to pay at the counter. I am quite surprised that for such a premium price positioning, the service level is so low.

I loved the food but I don't think I will bring my boys to try as patrons are made to feel it is a limited service resturant at an exorbitant price.

No comments: