Sunday, July 13, 2008

Kosong Prata at S$1

Last year, this time a roti prata or Indian bread without egg is 80cts per piece. I had one for morning breakfast and it cost a dollar. The Indian coffeeshop is at the end of Jalan Kayu. This shop is more reasonably priced than the "Famous Jalan Kayu Roti Prata". It is never-ending stream of crowd coming in for their morning breakfast on a Sunday morning. I sat there to enjoy my teh halia (ginger tea) and just observed the comings and goings. It is interesting just to absorb the atmosphere. It is very rustic where free parking is available and greenery is abundant. Kind of messy and different from the orderly, sterile environment elsewhere in Singapore. It has the "kampong" or small village feel.
I saw a traffic police making a report through his mobile radio. I hope the government do not do any development to "improve" the traffic flow. Otherwise Jalan Kayu will lose its character.

No comments: