Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Borders Vs MPH in Mid Valley Mall

I have some time to crawl the mall and as usual my haunt is the bookstore. I first go to Borders in Gardens. The store is bright and the books are well organized. I had a great time in there! I was reluctant to go but I want to check out MPH as well. I find MPH is a let down. Most books are on plastic wraps. Although MPH carry a lot of the latest books, somehow I find the store jaded and merchandising boring. Next time, I will spend all my time in Borders instead.
What surprises me is MPH is better patronised. So location is important. MPH is at the ground floor of the Mid Valley Mall which has much higher traffic. Borders is on the fourth floor of the Gardens. Gardens is quite posh and expensive. So the traffic is low.
I had a great time in the company of books. Hence, me the BookLOVER.

No comments: